UPDATED 3/15/20 2:34PM
Practice and Meets Have Been CANCELLED Until April 6th
I am hopeful that if we are able to return to school on April 6th, athletics will also be able to resume. Please continue to check the website for updates on this situation.
CIF has informed me that we must follow the "no contact" period guidelines during this time. This means that coaches may not coordinate, schedule, direct or plan team activities and there can be no student-organized or led practices.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email me.
Below is the message that the school has asked me to send out.
Del Norte Student-Athletes, Coaching Staff and 4s Community,
After long and careful deliberation with CIF and PUSD Leadership, we have decided to close all Poway Unified schools to students for three weeks effective Monday, March 16 through Friday, April 3. There will be no practices or games during this time. At this point, we anticipate restarting school Monday, April 6, unless conditions call for an extension. Nearly all school districts in San Diego County have made the decision to close over the next few weeks.
A message has been sent to all PUSD employees and families regarding this directive. With everyone’s best interest in mind, and out of an abundance of caution, this action was taken.
I will be working to provide updates as they become available.
- Our SNAP Fundraiser details
- Athletes who missed have not completed all of their emails please follow the steps below
- Visit www.hwho.org
- If have already created an account Log In otherwise click Sign Up
- Enter Join Code: 665 052 129
- Pick your primary event (Distance, Sprints, Jumps, Throws, Hurdles, Pole Vault)
- Follow the steps in the pop-up share wizard, entering any contacts you can
- Enter 20 emails to recieve full participation credit
- Make sure to enter your prize choices before you exit the share wizard. If you don't pick them you will not recieve them even if you earn them.
- The 4 forms found at the bottom of the page need to be filled out and returned by Thursday this week
- Athletes will not compete until the forms are turned in
- Practice during Spring Break will still be from 4-6PM
- Athletes who miss more than 2 days of practice during Spring Break (4/13 - 4/17) will not compete in their next scheduled competition.
- Practice is MANDATORY Mon-Fri from 4-6PM in the stadium. Pole Vault practice is from 4-6:30PM. Missing practice will affect an athletes eligibility to compete.
- Practice is NEVER cancelled. We will meet rain or shine - if it is raining practice starts at the lunch tables.
- Bring WARM clothes to practice, it can get very cold this time of the year.
- Our full meet schedule can be found here on athletic.net
- If you are going to miss practice for any reason, you must email Coach Jacobs at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do NOT text, call, or send teammates as messengers.
- Parent Donations: I am asking for a donation of $200 to help offset costs for the season. Families are not required to donate for their athlete to participate.
- If you can donate, you can do so in one of two ways:
- Write a check
- Payable to Del Norte High School. Write "Track" and your athletes name in the memo
- Pay online at delnortehsaf.org.
- Donate by season, choose Track and Field, and put your athletes name in the memo
Please check this website regularly for all information regarding the season
The Following Documents Must Be Signed And Returned Prior To An Athletes First Competition
Outside Activity Contract - Click Here To Download
- If you plan on participating in another activity during track season that will interfere with your ability to attend practices and meets, this form must be filled out and signed by the athlete, parents, and the head coach.
Del Norte Track & Field Team Rules and Expectations/Varsity Letter Requirements - Click Here To Download
- Team rules must be reviewed and signed by parents and athletes.
Del Norte Athletic Expectations - Click Here To Download
- SIgn and return the last page only.
Del Norte Spectator Code of Conduct - Click Here To Download
- Sign and return.